|RAF Faldingworth :: Memorials|
> Unit and Formation Memorials
> Station and Base Memorials
Updated: 30 Sep 06
In addition to the memorial on the old airfield site there are other items in the village church and at a former Royal Ordnance facrtory.
Faldingworth All Saints Church
In Faldingworth village church, All Saints, which is located on the A46 there is a memorial plaque, a stained glass window, candlesticks and a memorial book
A memorial plaque in the Church's north aisle was dedicated on 29 Apr 1995 in memory of the men and women of the Polish Air Force who served at Faldingworth in 300 Sqn and 305 Sqn between 1944 and 1947.
Next to the plaque is a stained glass memorial window to 300 Squadron, dedicated on 25 Sep 1999. It reads "For our and your freedom" in English and Polish.
The Church also holds a set of candlesticks, displayed on suitable anniversaries, which were presented by the New York Branch of the Polish Air Force Association.
Finally, the Church houses a memorial book containing a variety of photographs of personnel who served at RAF Faldingworth.
'Royal Ordnance' Factory
THe headquarters building of the nearby Royal Ordnance factory contains a certificate to commemorate 300 Sqn and 305 Sqn and their operation from the nearby airfield.
Faldingworth airfield memorial
The RAF Faldingworth memorial was dedicated on the old airfield site in May 2004. The memorial is location the eastern end of the remains of RAF Faldingworth's Runway 26.
There are further photographs in the RAF Faldingworth photographs section.
Some photos appear with kind permission of Yoshiwara.org.uk
first photo >>
RAF Faldingworth page on Royal Air Force website
powered by blueconsultancy
TF066848 - church
TF028848 - factory